Pets Player is Lying, Cheating and Scamming Other Users
We remind you to be careful when interacting with other players. You have worked hard raising your cash, assets and value. Do not let it go to waste!
We understand that this is frustrating, however the following situations do not violate our Terms of Service:
- When another player decides to buy your pet, regardless of the words 'No Buy' perhaps being in the display name
- When another player asks you to buy their pet, promises to buy it back but does not buy it back
- When another player does not send you the 'keys' (email address and password) to an account after participating in a key pet run
Time will tell if your new Refer2Buy friend is a trustworthy player who abides by the same rules as you. If you are ever in doubt about a player's intentions, follow your gut.
Here are some good questions to ask yourself before helping out another player:
- How would you feel if this player didn't buy the pet back?
- Can you afford to spend this cash with the risk that you won't earn it back?
- Have you bought Gold? Treat it like cash in your wallet.
- Do you have a funny feeling about this? If so, trust your instincts.
If a user is harassing you, please click the 'Report Abuse' link next to the violating content.
Pets - How to Play
The Pets game is a unique feature that allows you to 'own', 'buy' and 'sell' other members like a fantasy team. You can compete with all your Friends to see who can gain the highest value or just buy and sell Pets as you meet cool new people in the game! To get started, let's go over a few basic concepts of the game:
- Earning Value- Increasing your value in the Pets game is easy- If you are 'bought' by another user, your value will increase by 10%.
- Gaining Cash- You gain cash in five ways:
a) by logging in to Refer2Buy every four hours, you'll get a cash bonus based on how many pets you own at the time
b) your first five purchases of the day earn you a random cash bonus
c) anytime you or one of your Pets is purchased by another user, you'll get half the profit (the difference between the new and old values of the purchased Pet)
d) being the first owner (all-time, when the Pet's value is still $500)
e) converting your Refer2Buy Gold to Pets Cash via the green Pets Cash Bar on your Pets - Home page.
f) by being gifted cash from another user
- Assets- Your Pets Assets are calculated by adding your Pets cash + the combined purchase prices (their value when you bought them) of all the Pets you currently own (e.g. If you have $10,000 Pets cash and purchased 3 pets that were valued at $1,000, $2,000, and $5,000 respectively: your Assets = $18,000).
- Wishers- All of the people who have added you to their wish list. You can view them by clicking the Wishers link on your Pets - Home page.
- Pets- Any Pet that you've purchased will appear in the “Pets” tab on your Pets Home page. You may own a maximum of 400 Pets. Make sure to take good care of them!
- Wish List- When you see a Pet that you'd like to own, you can add them to your Wish List so you can easily keep track of them and buy them when you have the cash!
- Achievements- Click the 'View all' link to see a list of all the achievements you've earned while playing Pets!
- Announcements- Various messages about updates to Pets and special offers will appear here periodically. They can be closed by clicking the 'x' in the top right corner of the announcement.
- Rankings- Keep an eye on this tab to see how you stack up against your fellow Pets players! Ranking will also qualify you for Weekly and Monthly Standings Achievements!
- Standings- Earn points for each day you rank. These points are added up at the end of the week/month, awarding badges for top earning players.
- Browse Pets- If you're in the market for a new Pet, go here to find one you like! You can use the filters on the left to find Pets all around the world and sort them by Gender, Age, Location or Value... whatever kind of Pet you desire! You can buy new Pets from the Browse page, or by clicking the user to see their individual Pets page!
Now that you know the rules, get out there and work your way to the top and remember to have fun, because it's just a game! :)
When an account is deactivated, it becomes a 'Ghost Pet'
- Ghost Pets are Pets with auto-generated names like 'Happy Ghost Pet #123456", etc. They still function like normal Pets, but are essentially non-playable characters.
- Deleted Pets retain their cash, value and history when they become 'Ghost Pets'. Stats are not reset. Instead, they remain associated with the account. If the account is reinstated, the user will still have all of their cash and value, as well as any profits earned from Pet sales while in the deleted state
- Cash, Assets, Last Purchase, Last Active, the Quick Message box and all communication links do not display. 'Ghost Pets' only display Value, Pets and Wishers fields on their Pets page
If you have a ghost pet you can set it free or wait for it to be bought by another user.
If your owner is a ghost pet, you can set yourself free from that owner or wait to be bought by another user.
Note: Please remember if you choose to set a pet or yourself free, you will not be reimbursed for the action.
Wishers vs Wishlist
Your Wishers is the number of people that have added you to their Wish List. You can find this number located under your profile picture while on the Pets home page. Since this number depends on the number of people that have added you to their wish list, you won’t be able to control this number.
Your Wish List is a list of Pets that you wish to own in the future. If you’d like to view the Pets on your Wish List, this can be found by clicking on the ‘Wish List’ tab next to the ‘My Pets’ tab.
The maximum number of Pets you can add to your Wish List is 500. If you wish to add a pet to your wish list but already have 500 Pets on the list, we suggest deleting a few pets from your Wish List so you can add other Pets. There is no limit to how many people who can wish you though.